Late-bound .NET object for interacting with Excel.
Supports common tasks for manipulating Excel data without requiring a reference to interop COM components.
- Straight-forward get and set methods for values and formulas - specify by location (e.g. A1, B23, BA21, etc.) or cell row/column coordinates.
- Full support for creating, opening, and saving workbooks.
- Full support for adding, deleting, and moving worksheets.
- Support for common range operations such as setting borders, fonts, colors, and text formatting.
- Support for calling the native Excel Find function.
- Convenience methods for common operations (column number to letter and vice versa, formula reference builder (R1C1 format), etc.).
- Late-bound, so Excel interop libraries are not required to be referenced.
- Direct access to the underlying Excel COM objects to invoke any non-implemented functions.
- Implements IDisposable to prevent 'ghost' Excel instances.
- Full intellisense comments included.
- Uses .NET 2.0 (for flexibility purposes).
- No crazy namespaces (just ExcelDriver).
While explicit references to Excel libraries are not required, this component does require that Excel is installed on any system which utilizes it. This library is not a replacement for Excel, it is a late-bound interface to the Excel COM objects.